Learn about the Wisconsin education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
Wisconsin Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Wisconsin real estate salesperson license: 72 hours of pre-license education
- Wisconsin real estate broker license: N/A
Many students take advantage of exam prep tailored for their state, to give them a higher chance of passing.
Wisconsin State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Wisconsin has reciprocal agreements with Illinois and Indiana.
For more information on reciprocity, view our complete guide.
Wisconsin Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Wisconsin must renew their real estate licenses every two years, by the end of even-numbered years
- Licensees must complete 18 hours of real estate CE during each two-year licensing period
- However, a salesperson who receives a license after October 1 of the even-numbered year ending the two-year cycle is not required to complete CE for that cycle