Delaware State Requirement Details for Real Estate Pre-Licensing Education
Hours Required by the State: 99 hours
Seat Time: The Delaware Real Estate Commission requires that all students spend a minimum amount of seat time engaged in the course content. Our online course delivery system manages this requirement for you.
Math Pre-Test: The CE Shop offers a math pretest for those students who wish to exempt themselves from the math portion of this course. This optional math pretest is equivalent to the final test given at the conclusion of the math section in content and length. The content of the pretest covers each of the topics covered in the course. A passing score of 80% shall exempt a student from taking the math section of this course.
Pre-Licensing Final Exams: Final exams must be passed with a minimum of 80% and may be taken as many times as necessary.
Licensing Exam: The licensing exam is administered by PearsonVue. Registration for the state licensing exam is an entirely separate process from proctoring for your course final exam. For instructions to register for your state licensing exam and further information, please click here.
The CE Shop’s Offering: 99 hours
Reporting: The state requires schools to report course completions within 15 days after completion of the course.
Expiration Date of Course: The CE Shop’s Pre-Licensing courses expire one year after the date of purchase. The CE Shop will allow students to purchase a new course at a 50% discount of the current retail price of the new course. Each individual course will have an expiration date listed in the student’s account.
Reciprocity: students applying for a reciprocal license, must provide the following additional information:
- Submit the original score report received from Pearson VUE after passing the Delaware law portion of the salesperson’s examination.
- Submit one of the following:
- copy of the certificate received after completion of the Delaware law portion of the salesperson’s pre-licensing course, or
- copy of the certificate received after completion of another jurisdiction’s pre-licensing salesperson’s course of at least 99 hours, or
- Certificate of Licensure History showing that the licensee has been licensed continuously for the three years immediately prior to the application and a completed, signed Sales or Lease Transaction Listing form(s) listing 20 sales or lease transactions that the licensee completed during the three years immediately prior to application.
Certificates: Once The CE Shop has received the signed affidavit, your certificate of course completion will become available to download (and via email). The CE Shop will provide students with an electronic certificate of completion, upon completion of the course. Certificates will remain in your account for a minimum of five years, should you need additional copies. Please refer to your license application to determine if you need to submit your certificate of completion with your license request. Course completion dates are recorded using Central Standard Time. Please note that the date of your certificate of completion will reflect this.
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions or Contact Us.
Delaware Real Estate Commission
Street Address: Cannon Building, 861 Silver Lake Blvd., Suite 203, Dover, DE 19904
Delaware Real Estate Commission Website
License Renewal Website
License Lookup Website
Contact DE Real Estate Commission via Email
Also Approved and regulated by the Delaware Department of Education. Students should contact Delaware Department of Education, Attention: Dr. Patricia Keeton, 35 Commerce Way, Dover, DE 19904, 302.857.3313, FAX 302.739.1770, or via Email