Real answers to real student questions.
Helping Students Succeed
Appraisal Trainees, the first level of appraiser, are required to apprentice with a Certified Appraiser to practice. Finding a Certified Appraiser in your area is easier than you think.
National Appraisal Registry
There is a national listing of Certified Appraisers maintained by the Appraisal Subcommittee that can help you find a Certified Appraiser. Here’s the process:
- Go To: www.asc.gov/National-Registries/FindAnAppraiser.aspx
- Select: Find an Appraiser, under the National Registry tab on the left side of the page.
- Select: Advanced Search
- Select your state or city
- Select either Certified General or Certified Residential under the License Certificate Title
- Get Search Results or Download Results (downloading can be helpful if you are in a large metro)
- Select at least 3-5 Appraisers from the list and give them a call to see if they are seeking Apprentices.
Quick Tip: When talking to a Certified Appraiser about being his or her apprentice, be sure to communicate the value you will bring to the business. The Appraiser who chooses you will be making a big investment in you so make sure they know you are worth it.
If you are unable to find an Appraiser to Apprentice in your area, call your state regulatory board for assistance. You can find links to your local Appraisal board by visiting our state requirements information for your state.