South Dakota Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the South Dakota education needs for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: South Dakota Department of Labor & Regulation - South Dakota Real Estate Commission
South Dakota Real Estate Education Requirements:
- South Dakota real estate salesperson license: N/A
- South Dakota real estate broker license: 116 hours
- South Dakota requires an additional 60 hours of post-license education
South Dakota State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state. Nonresidents of South Dakota seeking to obtain the equivalent South Dakota license must successfully pass the state portion of the South Dakota broker examination.
South Dakota Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in South Dakota must renew their real estate licenses by November 30 every two years
- By this date licensees must complete 24 hours of real estate CE
- Of these hours, 12 hours must cover the following mandatory topics: real estate contracts, ADA, ethics, environmental issues, antitrust, brokerage services, license law and fair housing