Oregon Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Oregon education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Oregon Real Estate Commission
Oregon Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Oregon real estate salesperson license: N/A
- Oregon real estate broker: 150 hours (Principal brokers must also take the 40-hour Brokerage Administration and Sales Supervision (BASS) course)
Oregon State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Oregon has reciprocal licensing agreements with the following jurisdictions: Alabama, Alberta, Georgia, Nebraska and South Dakota.
If you currently hold a real estate license in any other state not mentioned above, you will need to complete all the licensing requirements to obtain an Oregon license.
Oregbon Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Oregon must renew their real estate licenses every two years by the last day of their birth month
- First renewal (active license): 30 hours including the 3-hour Law & Rule Required Course (LARRC) and 27-hour Broker Advanced Practices course
- Second and subsequent renewals (active license): 30 hours including the 3-hour Law & Rule Required Course (LARRC), and 27 additional hours of CE in OREA-approved topics.