Learn about the Montana real estate education needs for licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Montana Department of Labor & Industry Department of Realty Regulation.
Montana Real Estate License Requirements:
- Montana real estate salesperson license: 70 hours
- Montana real estate broker license: 60 hours (in addition to two years of experience as a licensed salesperson)
- Supervising Brokers must complete an 8-hour approved supervising broker pre-endorsement course.
Montana State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state. Applicants should refer to the “Out-of-state” section of the Board’s application checklist for additional information needed during application.
Montana Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Montana who want to renew their real estate licenses must do so by October 31 every year
- By that date, licensees need to complete 12 hours of real estate CE
- For Supervising Brokers, 4 hours of the total 12 must be education in the area of supervising broker continuing education