Learn about the Montana real estate education needs for licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Montana Department of Labor & Industry Department of Realty Regulation.
Montana Real Estate License Requirements:
- Montana real estate salesperson license: 70 hours of pre-licensing education
- Montana real estate broker license: 60 hours (in addition to two years of experience as a licensed salesperson)
- Supervising Brokers must complete an 8-hour approved supervising broker pre-endorsement course.
Many students take advantage of exam prep tailored for their state, to give them a higher chance of passing.
Montana State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state. Applicants should refer to the “Out-of-state” section of the Board’s application checklist for additional information needed during application.
For more information on reciprocity, view our complete guide.
Montana Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Montana who want to renew their real estate licenses must do so by October 31 every year
- By that date, licensees need to complete 12 hours of real estate CE
- For Supervising Brokers, 4 hours of the total 12 must be education in the area of supervising broker continuing education