Learn about the Missouri real estate education needs for licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Missouri Division of Professional Registration – Real Estate Commission
Missouri Real Estate License Requirements:
- Missouri real estate salesperson license: 72 hours
- 48-hour pre-exam salesperson course
- 24-hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course (MREP)
- Missouri real estate broker license: 48 hours
Missouri State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state. An individual who holds a real estate license in another state or jurisdiction desiring to obtain a real estate salesperson license in Missouri must fulfill the following requirements:
- Pass the state portion of the Missouri salesperson exam
- Complete 48 hours prior to taking the state exam.
- Complete 24 hours prior to being licensed.
- Submit a license application to the Commission within 6 months of passing the state portion of the Missouri salesperson exam
- Submit a license (history) certification issued from the real estate commission of your former state or jurisdiction
A broker licensed in another state who desires to be licensed as a broker in Missouri must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have 24 months (of the last 30 months) of active salesperson experience
- Complete the Missouri 48-hour broker pre-examination course
- Pass both portions of the Missouri broker exam
- Apply for a real estate broker’s license within 6 months of completing the 48-hour broker course
- Submit a license (history) certification issued from the real estate commission of your former state or jurisdiction, issued no more than 3 months before applying for a Missouri license
Missouri Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate salespersons in Missouri need to renew their real estate licenses by September 30 of even-numbered years
- Real estate brokers in Missouri need to renew their licenses by June 30 of even-numbered years
- By these dates, real estate professionals must complete 12 hours of real estate CE, of which 9 hours must be electives and 3 hours must be core coursework