Learn about the Mississippi real estate education needs for licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Mississippi Real Estate Commission (MREC)
Mississippi Real Estate License Requirements:
- Mississippi real estate salesperson license: 60 hours of pre-licensing education
- Mississippi real estate broker license: 120 hours of pre-licensing education
Many students take advantage of exam prep tailored for their state, to give them a higher chance of passing.
Mississippi State Reciprocity:
Any real estate licensee of another state who desires to obtain a license in Mississippi is exempt from the examination as long as the Commission feels the exam is equivalent to Mississippi’s and that state extends this same privilege or exemption to Mississippi real estate licensees.
For more information on reciprocity, view our complete guide.
Mississippi Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Mississippi must renew their real estate licenses every two years from the date their licenses are issued
- The real estate CE that must be completed by this date includes 16 hours of real estate classes
- Of those 16 hours, 8 hours may be electives and 8 hours must be core courses, including 2 hours of Mississippi real estate license law, 2 hours of contract law and 4 hours of agency law