Michigan Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Michigan education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: CE Marketplace - LARA Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Michigan Real Estate License Requirements:
- All licensees must be at least 18 years of age and of good moral character. Broker applicants must have at least 3 years of acceptable real estate related experience
- Michigan real estate salesperson license: 40 hours which includes at least 4 hours of civil rights law and equal opportunity in housing
- Michigan real estate broker license: 90 hours which includes at least 9 hours of civil rights law and equal opportunity in housing
Michigan State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
There is no reciprocity between Michigan and any other state.
Michigan Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals must renew their licenses by October 31 every three years
- Michigan requires licensees to complete 18 hours of real estate CE in each 3-year period, which includes 2 hours of legal updates classes that must be completed during each year of the license cycle