Idaho Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Idaho real estate education needs for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Idaho Real Estate Commission (IREC)
Idaho Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Idaho real estate salesperson license: 90 hours
- Idaho real estate broker license in the state of Idaho: 180 hours
- Idaho additionally requires 12 hours of post-license education (including the 8-hour mandatory post-license fundamentals course and a 4-hour post-license elective course) and two different Idaho core courses
Idaho State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Idaho does not have a reciprocal relationship with any other state.
Idaho Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals must renew their real estate licenses every two years from the month of their birth
- Idaho’s mandatory continuing education includes 12 elective hours, plus two different Idaho Commission Core courses