Learn about the Delaware education needs for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Delaware Real Estate Commission
Delaware Real Estate License Requirements:
- Delaware real estate salesperson license: 99 Hours of Delaware Pre-Licensing Real Estate Education
- Education hours required for a real estate broker license : 99 Hours
- Delaware requires an additional 21 hours of post-license real estate courses
Many students utilize the power of exam prep to increase the chances of passing all of their required real estate exams.
Delaware State Reciprocity:
If you have a real estate license in another state and are applying for a reciprocal license, you must provide the following (in addition to the requirements for all applicants). The original score report you received from Pearson VUE when you passed the Delaware law portion of the salesperson’s examination; and one of the following:
- Copy of the certificate you received when you completed the Delaware law portion of the salesperson’s pre-license course
- Copy of the certificate received when you completed another jurisdiction’s pre-license salesperson’s course of at least 99 hours
- Certificate of licensure history showing that you have been licensed continuously for the 3 years immediately before this application and a completed, signed Sales or Lease Transaction Listing form listing 20 sales or lease transactions that you completed during the 3 years immediately before your application
For more detailed information on reciprocity, visit our complete guide.
Delaware Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
As a real estate professional in Delaware, you must renew your real estate license by April 30 of even years. Delaware salespersons must complete 21 hours of real estate CE, including:
- 18 hours must be core curriculum
- 3 hours must be electives