There are many reasons to choose a career in real estate. For ambitious, hard-working professionals, a career in real estate can be very rewarding.
1. Control over your schedule – as a real estate agent, you set your own hours. You can work as much or as little as you need to get the job done.
2. Offers a nice work and life balance – setting your own schedule makes flexibility another great perk of becoming a real estate agent. You can meet friends for lunch in between house showings or attend your daughter’s dance recital after an open house.
3. No limit to how much money you’ll make – since agents’ sales depend on their drive to sell and skill in matching clients’ needs with appropriate properties, the earning potential for real estate professionals is unlimited. Someone with a great deal of energy and a fierce competitive spirit can increase their earnings every year!
4. Play a meaningful role in others’ lives – from finding a young family their first home to helping a fledging business locate a suitable office space, real estate agents play a meaningful role in their clients’ lives. Matching people with the spaces where memories will be made is one of the most rewarding parts of a career in real estate.
5. Socializing is part of the job – for those who love to chat with everyone they meet, working in real estate is a perfect fit. Since agents need to stay familiar with potential sellers in the area, attending community events and meeting new people are part of the job description.
6. You are the decision-maker – tired of bosses who tell you where to be and when to be there? A career in real estate might be for you. You decide which areas to focus on and which listings to take. Getting a real estate license puts you in the driver’s seat.
7. Your income is not limited by an hourly wage – the beauty of working on straight commission is that you will never be limited to an hourly wage as an agent. Becoming a real estate agent gives you total control of your income potential.
8. You’re not trapped at your desk – though agents certainly have research, scheduling and paperwork to do at their offices, much of their work happens away from their desks. People who like to keep moving enjoy the on-the-go nature of becoming a real estate agent.
9. No two days are alike – real estate agents wear many hats. They show homes, market their listings, negotiate contracts and file paperwork. That means each day is different, and agents are seldom bored.
Want to learn more about starting an exciting new career in real estate? Browse our real estate courses.