How to Get a Real Estate License in Georgia
If you’ve ever thought about getting a real estate license, now is an excellent time to do so! This versatile career can be lucrative and exciting for those willing to put in the effort. But to get there, you’ll need to enroll in a school approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC) that offers the educational courses necessary to work as an active agent. Mbition has successfully helped thousands to earn their licenses.
Who Can Apply for an Georgia State License?
There are a few things you should know about applying for a license within the state of Georgia. Every state has different requirements you must comply with according to the laws and regulations specific to your state. To learn more about how to get a real estate license in Georgia, you can always refer to the state’s official website here. For those wishing to acquire a license, the stipulations are as follows:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or must turn 18 before license approval
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or certificate of equivalency
If these prerequisites already apply to you, you’re ready to begin the application process.
Step-by-Step Path to Obtaining an Georgia State License
You’ll need to complete the following six steps in order to get a real estate license in Georgia. Once you are finished with these steps, the GREC will issue you a salesperson’s license, allowing you to engage in real estate activity under the guidance of an active real estate broker. Here’s how to get a real estate license in Georgia:
1) You need to file for a Georgia Crime Investigation Center (GCIC) report. This can be done at your local sheriff’s office or police station. Transparency will serve you well as you go through this process of disclosing your history. Look at it as one way to prove that you are trustworthy and competent as a candidate. Should you have any concerns about a criminal history, complete a background clearance application before proceeding. NOTE: the background clearance can be no more than 60 days old upon taking the real estate exam, so make sure to time these steps accordingly.
2) Complete 75 hours of coursework in real estate education. To do this, you’ll need to find real estate classes in Georgia approved by the GREC. Mbition is qualified to do so, having successfully helped thousands along this path to licensure. As you consider the package that’s right for you, here are some things to consider. Our basic package called the Georgia Real Estate Pre-licensing Silver Solution includes the following:
- MathMaster - a mathematics study tool full of hands-on math and finance problems
- Live instructor support from industry experts who can answer any questions you may have
- Technical and software support from our staff who are available 24/7
- Our other two options are the Gold and Platinum Solution packages available for students eager to take it to the next level. These packages provide prospective agents with supplemental study tools and exam prep materials. The best feature of these packages is that they come with a money-back guarantee that you’ll pass the exam on your first try! When it comes to finding high-quality real estate classes in Georgia that will put you on top of your game, Mbition is here to deliver.
3) You’ll be required to prove lawful presence verification. The state of Georgia requires anyone seeking real estate licenship to submit appropriate identification to the GREC. This simply means supplying the commission with copies of your driver’s license, passport, or military ID. Here are three ways to do so:
- Mail your document to 229 Peachtree Street NE, Ste 1000, International Tower, Atlanta, GA, 30303-1605
- Email a copy to [email protected]
- Fax it to (404)656-6650)
- Upon sending this to the GREC, you’ll be sent a Lawful Presence Notarized Affidavit for you to fill out and have notarized at the institution of your choice. You’ll present this form, as well as your acceptable forms of identification, on the day you take your exam. If you’re wanting more information regarding this step, you can find it here.
4) The real estate exam is a critical step along the way to receiving your license and you’ll want to put your very best effort into preparing for the day you’ll be taking it. Mbition offers real estate classes in Georgia that provide you with:
- Easy-to-use study materials
- A personalized study plan
- Over 1,600 practice questions
- Eight different practice exams
- Flashcards to help you learn national terminology
- A course review of agencies, contracts, finance and law
- Helpful test-taking tips
- With this resource, you’ll be well-equipped to master each question you come across on the exam. You’ll be reassured to know that we extend our money-back guarantee to each prospective agent who purchases out study materials from Mbition. Having helped over 750,000 real estate professionals to pass their exams with flying colors, we’re confident that we can do the same for you!
5) Now that you’ve reached this point, it’s time to schedule your exam! You can schedule and pay for the exam through the proctored testing service Psychological Services, Inc, or by calling (833) 892-5441. This is when your hard work and the support you received through Mbition really pays off! Here’s what you need to know as you prepare to take this step:
- The exam consists of 100 national questions and 52 state specific questions
- You will have four hours to complete the exam
- The cost to take the exam is $121.00
- You’ll need to bring two forms of ID and your notarized affidavit. You’re also allowed to bring a simple calculator
- Included on the exam will be questions regarding agency relationships and contracts, marketing regulations, and finance and closing. You can learn more about the Georgia real estate exam here.
6) All that’s left to do now is to apply for your license! You must apply within 12 months of passing your exam or you will have to take the exam again. If you’re ready to practice immediately following the exam, you’re eligible to receive your license the day you take the test, provided you are sponsored by an active broker as previously arranged. You will also need to submit a Sponsoring Broker Statement Form upon application in order to get started as a practicing agent. If you are not yet ready to launch your real estate career, you can apply for an inactive license until you’re ready to transition to an active status. The cost to receive a license is $170 if you apply within 90 days of passing the exam, and $340 if you apply between 90 days and 12 months following the exam. At this point, it’s time to celebrate! You’ve worked hard to complete this final step!
As a real estate school authorized to offer real estate classes in Georgia, Mbition is confident we can help you achieve every one of these steps so that you can obtain your real estate license and enjoy a successful career in this field.