Requirements for Alabama Real Estate License
Every state has varying requirements for those who wish to acquire a real estate license. Below is a summary of the general requirements and steps necessary to become a real estate agent in Alabama. While this information is useful as a general guide, it is always a good idea to check directly with the Alabama Real Estate Commission (AREC) for any changes.
The general requirements for those who are wondering how to become a real estate agent in Alabama are as follows:
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age
- Be a US citizenship or have permanent resident alien status
- Have a highschool diploma or GED
If you meet these initial requirements then you can begin the Alabama real estate license process.
Steps Required to Obtain a Real Estate License in Alabama
There are six steps you must complete in the Alabama real estate licensing process. The process is managed by the Alabama Real Estate Commission (AREC). The AREC issues all prospective real estate agents an Alabama real estate license upon completion of these six steps.
- Step 1: Complete your education requirements. The AREC requires that all prospective real estate agents complete 60 hours of pre-licensing education. Mbition is approved by the AREC to offer the mandatory courses. Arranged in convenient educational packages, one purchase provides you with all the education requirements. Our most basic package, the Alabama Real Estate Pre-licensing Silver Solution, contains the 75 hour pre-license course; MathMaster - an arithmetic study tool full of hands-on math and finance problems relevant to the real estate business; live instructor support from industry experts that can answer any questions you may have about the course; and technical and software support from our knowledgeable staff that is available 24/7. In addition to this basic package, Mbition also offers gold and platinum Alabama real estate license packages that offer additional exam prep and study materials for the most dedicated students.
- Step 2: After you have completed your educational requirements with Mbition, it is time to put your Alabama real estate license knowledge to the test! All applicants must schedule and pay for their license exam online or at (833) 892-5441 with Psychological Services, Inc. (PSI), the testing service provider.
- Step 3: Study for your exam. The real estate exam is the most important part of the licensing process - applicants should come fully prepared for their exam day. Mbition has various study materials for applicants. The Alabama Master Exam Prep Package contains the following materials: National Real Estate Exam Prep - AMP; Exam Prep Instructions; Real Estate Recorded Review: National; Real Estate Test-Taking Tips: National; and Real Estate Flashcards: National. This unique exam prep package uses adaptive learning technology to help students develop a personalized study plan that targets the areas they need the most help in. With Mbition as your study buddy, a passing score is almost guaranteed! Over 4 decades of real estate experience has allowed us to develop a study package that contains useful insights into the real estate industry. Our knowledge will prepare you to both pass your exam and succeed as a real estate professional!
- Step 4: Take your exam on the scheduled day. You must pass both the state and national sections of the exam.
- Step 5: Once you have passed the exam, you are eligible to apply for your license. You must apply within 90 days of passing your exam, or your scores will be disqualified. You can find applications on the AREC website. Along with your application, you must provide a Criminal History Release Form and fingerprinting and pay any associated fees.
- Step 6: All Alabama real estate licensees must complete 30 hours of post-licensing education in order to keep a permanent license. You can fulfill this requirement with Mbition - our “Preparing to Use Your Real Estate License” course covers the 30 hours. Upon completion of this course, the AREC will issue a permanent real estate license. Congratulations!
Alabama Real Estate License State Reciprocity
Real estate boards across the nation are adopting policies to allow real estate agents from one state to easily achieve licensure in other states. States that have real estate “reciprocity” allow licensed agents to practice freely in the reciprocal states without additional licensing requirements. Alabama has limited real estate license reciprocity with every single state in the country. If you currently hold a real estate license in any other state, then you can practice freely in Alabama, but you will need to apply for a reciprocal license. Reciprocal license applicants are required to complete a 6 hour Alabama real estate law course, pass the Alabama section of the real estate exam, and submit a certification of license history from the state you are currently licensed in. Upon passing the exam, the AREC will issue you a Reciprocal Alabama real estate license.
Alabama Real Estate License Continuing Education
All real estate professionals in the state of Alabama must renew their license every even year by September 30th. To qualify for renewal, licensees must complete 15 hours of continuing education, including 6 hours of Risk Management. The remaining 9 hours can be covered by elective courses. Mbition is approved by the AREC to offer licensees continuing education courses. Check out our database for continuing education resources - you will find various continuing education packages that covering all the required hours.
With Mbition, it is easy to obtain your Alabama real estate license. Our interactive courses have been designed by industry experts to offer engaging and relevant material. Real estate students that study with Mbition obtain the knowledge they need to both pass their exams and practice a successful career in real estate. We have everything real estate agents need, from pre-licensing courses and continuing education to professional development. With you from the start of your career and onward towards a successful future, Mbition is your trusted online real estate education resource. With 50+ years of service and experience in the real estate industry, we are the industry experts you can count on.
Don’t waste anymore time wondering how to become a real estate agent in Alabama - Mbition has you covered. Check out our real estate education database today for further information on requirements and test taking tips. Feel free to contact our customer support team for any questions related to your real estate requirements or our website.